Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boo Sign

Halloween is just around the corner ... so I wanted to do something crafty (but also not very difficult and hopefully something I would like for years to come).  I found this Boo Sign idea on Blue Cricket Design and thought I would try it out!

Items you'll need:

     * Wooden Letters:  B and two Os
     * Black Spray paint
     * Scrapbook paper
     * Mod Podge
     * Scrapbook Embellishments


First Step is to spray paint your letters black ...


Then using Mod Podge attach your scrapbook paper over top of your letters (I had used plain paper to get the stencil for the craft paper (I just laid the white paper on top of the letter then rubbed a pencil over it to get the outline - like we did in grade school with leaves!)  Then I used my pattern to cut out my letters.


Here are the letters with the embellishments added.





Then I put it together with some hemp string (tied together in the back) and hung it on my wall.  I think it turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute! You could make a JOY one for Christmas.... Or maybe I will.... Ok, I would like to think I will, but my project list is long enough, I probably won't get to it, at least this year. It seems like a fun, fairly simple project. It looks good against your wood wall.

    ReplyDelete